Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Sociology, Columbia University
MPhil, Sociology, Columbia University
PhD, Economics/Geography, Utrecht University
MA, Economics, Utrecht University
BA, Economics, Utrecht University
At Haas since July 2015
2015 – present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
Current Research and Interests
- Network Analysis
- Health care management
- Economic Sociology
- Research Design and Methods
Selected Papers and Publications
- Bol, T., M. de Vaan, and A. van der Rijt. The Matthew Effect in Science Funding. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2018.
- De Vaan, M., B. Vedres, and D. Stark. Game Changer: The Topology of Creativity. American Journal of Sociology 120 (4): 1144-1194. 2015.
- De Vaan, M. Interfirm Networks in Periods of Technological Turbulence and Stability. Research Policy 43 (10): 1666-1680. 2014.
- De Vaan, M., R.A. Boschma, and K. Frenken. Clustering and Firm Performance in Project-based Industries. Journal of Economic Geography 13 (6): 965-991. 2013.
- Balland, P., M. De Vaan, and R.A. Boschma. The Dynamics of Interfirm Networks along the Industry Life Cycle. Journal of Economic Geography 13 (5): 741-765. 2013.
- Leading People (MBA Core Course), Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD Seminar, Research in Macro-Organizational Behavior
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]