BA, Finance, Renmin University, China
MA, Economics, University of Maryland
MPh, Business Administration, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
PhD, Business Administration, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
At Haas since 1998
2002 - present, E.R. Niemela Associate Professor of Accounting, Haas School of Business
1998 - 2002, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
- Reviewer: Referee for Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of Accounting Research, Review of Accounting Studies, The Accounting Review
- Member, American Accounting Association
- Member, Accounting Group Recruiting Committee
- Member, MBA Core Redesign Task Force
Current Research and Interests
- Financial statement analysis
- Financial accounting theory
- International accounting
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Accounting Conservatism, Quality of Earnings, and Stock Returns," with Stephen Penman.The Accounting Review (April 2002): 237-264.
- "Revenue Recognition in a Multiperiod Agency Setting," with Sunil Dutta. Journal of Accounting Research (Spring 2002): 67-83.
- "Conservative Accounting and Equity Valuation." Journal of Accounting and Economics(February 2000): 125-149.
- "Accrual Accounting and Equity Valuation," with James Ohlson. Journal of Accounting Research (Supplement 1998): 85-111.
- "Anomalous Stock Returns Around Internet Firms' Earnings Announcements," with Brett Trueman and Franco Wong.
- Research Seminar in Business Administration, PHDBA 229, 2002
- Financial Accounting, MBA 202, 2000-2002
- Financial Accounting, UGBA 120, 2000
- Doctoral Research Seminar, BA 298, 1998, 1999
- Financial Accounting, E202A, 1998, 1999
Honors and Awards
- Schwabacher Fellowship, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, 2001
- Junior Faculty Research Grant, UC Berkeley, 1999, 2000
- Research Enabling Grant, UC Berkeley, 1998-2001
- Grant, Jerome A. Chazen Institute of International Business, 1997
- Paul Montrone Scholarship, Columbia Business School, 1996
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.