Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University
PhD, Political Economy, University of Southern California
MA, Political Science, University of Southern California
BA, Political Science, UC Davis
At Haas since 2015
2014 – present, Co-editor, Palgrave Macmillan Publishing
2012 – present, Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Development in the Middle East, UC Berkeley
2001 – 2013, Lecturer, UC Berkeley, Political Science, Political Economy, Peace and Conflict Studies, Boalt Hall School of Law, Discovery Courses Program (College of Letters and Science)
2007 – 2009, Senior Analyst, International Investment Development Advisory
2009, Visiting Professor, Bilkent University
2000 – 2006, Lecturer, Santa Clara University
Current Research and Interests
- Political Economy of the Middle East and North Africa
- Entrepreneurship and Development in the Middle East
- Impediments and Spurs to Building Innovation Economies in the Middle East
Selected Papers and Publications
- Dariush Zahedi, A Growing Crisis: The Impact of Sanctions and Regime Policies on Iranians’ Economic and Social Rights, New York: International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran, 2013.
- Dariush Zahedi and H. Amirahmadi, eds., Iran in the New Millennium: Opportunities and Challenges, Princeton, NJ, 2001.
- Dariush Zahedi, The Iranian Revolution Then and Now: Indicators of Regime Instability, Boulder: Westview Press, 2000. (Paperback edition 2001).
- Dariush Zahedi and Gokhan Bacik, “Kemalism is Dead, Long Live Kemalism,” Foreign Affairs, April 2010.
- Dariush Zahedi, “Political Attitudes and Patterns of Political Participation of Iranian Americans in California,” Institute of Governmental Studies, University of California, Berkeley Paper series, January 23, 2008, pp. 1-26.
- Hi-tech entrepreneurship and investment in the Middle East
- Islamic economics, finance, and development
- Political economy of the Middle East
Honors and Awards
- Recognition for teaching excellence, UC Berkeley
- Received a major grant for conducting a scientific survey and comparative analysis of the political attitudes and patterns of political participation and engagement of Iranian-Americans vs. Cuban-Americans.
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]