- BA (1st Class Honors), University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia
- PhD, Purdue University
At Haas since 1992
1992 - present, Lecturer of Marketing, Haas School of Business
2000 - 2001, Visiting Professor, Stanford University
1991, Sir Donald Hibberd Lecturer, Graduate School of Management, University of Melbourne, Australia
1990, Senior Associate, Graduate School of Management, University of Melbourne, Australia
1979 - 1987, Assistant Professor, Business Administration, UC Berkeley
1985 - 1986, Visiting Associate Professor of Marketing, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
1982, Visiting Fellow, School of Social and Industrial Administration, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, Australia
1979, Visiting Assistant Professor of Management, Purdue University
External Service and Assignments
- CEO, ORBIS Associates
- Research Product Evaluator, National Science Foundation
- Reviewer: Journal of Marketing, Management Science, International Journal of Forecasting,Journal of Marketing Research, California Management Review, Association for Consumer Research
Current Research and Interests
- Marketing and corporate strategy
- Innovation Strategy
- Organizational Transformation
- Customer loyalty strategy
- Global strategy and international management
- Customer experience strategy
- New product management
- Sales force productivity
- Competitive strategy for high-technology organizations
- Competitive strategy for financial service institutions
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Technology Diffusion Through Effective Public Policy Communication," R&D Enterprise 1, no. 4 (July/August 1998).
- "Building Customer Franchise: A Paradigm for Customer Partnering," Monash Mt. Eliza Business Review 1, no. 2 (July 1998).
- "Consumer Satisfaction as a Process," with David K. Tse and Franco Nicosia. Journal of Psychology & Marketing 7, no. 3 (Fall 1990): 177-192.
- "An Alternative Approach to Combining Economic Forecasts: Empirical Results," with Sunil Gupta. Journal of Business & Economic Statistics (June 1988).
- "Models of Consumer Satisfaction: An Extension," with David K. Tse. Journal of Marketing Research (May 1988): 204-212.
- "Combination of Forecasts: An Extension," with Sunil Gupta. Management Science 33, no. 3 (March 1987): 356-372.
- "Task, Expectancy and Information Assessment Effects in Information Utilization Processes."Journal of Consumer Research 12 (March 1986).
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Global Marketing Strategy
- Advanced Competitive Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Product Management
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, Finance & Treasury Association, 2001
- Excellence for Outstanding Instructional Intervention, International Society for Performance Improvement, 2000
- Australian Overseas Fellowship in Management, 1975-1979
- Albert Haring Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Indiana University, 1979
- Market Research Society of Australia Prize, 1974
- Beta Gamma Sigma (U.S. National Honor Society for business students)
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.