BS, Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
MA, Business Research, Stanford University
PhD, Business/Organizational Behavior, Stanford University
At Haas since 2008
2010 - present, Associate Adjunct Professor, Haas School of Business
2008 - present, Lecturer, Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business
2008 - 2010, Visiting Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
2001 - 2008, Assistant Professor, General Management Unit, Social Enterprise Group, Harvard Business School
2000 - 2001, Assistant Professor, London Business School
Current Research and Interests
- Social entrepreneurship
- Nonprofit networks
- Management of nonprofit organizations
Selected Papers and Publications
- "The Networked Nonprofit," with Sonia Marciano. Stanford Social Innovation Review (Spring 2008).
- Entrepreneurship in the Social Sector, with James Austin, Herman Leonard, and Howard Stevenson. Sage Publications, 2007.
- "Social Entrepreneurship and Commercial Entrepreneurship: Same, Different, or Both?" with J. Austin and Howard Stevenson. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 30, no. 1 (2006): 1-22.
- "Social Entrepreneurship: It's for Corporations, Too," with Dutch Leonard, Ezequiel Reficco, and James E. Austin, in Social Entrepreneurship, edited by Alex Nicholls. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- "Corporate Social Entrepreneurship: A New Vision for CSR," with James E. Austin, Dutch Leonard, and Ezequiel Reficco, in vol. 2 of The Accountable Corporation, edited by Marc J. Epstein and Kirk O. Hanson. Praeger Publishing, 2005.
- Case Studies: Harvard Business School Case: "World Wildlife Fund U.S," with Kerry Herman (2008); "The Energy Foundation," with Alison B. Wagonfeld (2008); "Habitat for Humanity Egypt," with with Kerry Herman (2006): 9-307-001; "Guide Dogs for the Blind Association," with Allen S.Grossman and Kristin Lieb (2003): 303-006.
Honors and Awards
- Achieving Social Impact, MBA 292N-2
- Social Entrepreneurship, MBA 292N-2
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.