Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
Social Impact Fellow, Visiting Faculty
Distinguished Teaching Fellow
Email: click on the envelope icon below for full email address
Academic Status: On duty
Office Hours: Mondays, 3-4 p.m., Blum Hall, 200E
(in PDF format, Acrobat Reader required)
DBA, Boston University
MBA, Santa Clara University
BA Communications Studies, UCSB
At Haas since 2009
2016 – present, U.C. Berkeley, Visiting Fellow, Blum Center for Developing Economies
2015 – 2016, University of San Francisco, Program Director, Conscious Leadership & Social Innovation, Assistant Professor
2013 – 2015, University of San Francisco, Program Director, Master in Global Entrepreneurial Management, Assistant Professor
2014 – present, Berkeley-Haas, Social Impact Fellow, Institute for Social and Business Impact
2011 – 2012, Berkeley-Haas, Assistant Professor (Adjunct), Faculty Director of the Global Social Venture Competition, Director of Social Entrepreneurship
2009 – 2011, Berkeley-Haas, Senior Fellow, Lester Center for Entrepreneurship
External Service and Assignments
- Board of Directors, Fair Trade USA, Net Impact, San Francisco Ballet
- Advisory Board, Better VC
- Member, Academy of Management, Strategy and Entrepreneurship Divisions
- Member, Social Venture Network, Investor’s Circle, NVCA
- Member, Finance Committee, Hillary Clinton for President
Current Research and Interests
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Finance
- Human Capital
Selected Papers and Publications
- Scarlata, M., Walske, J., and Zacharakis, A. (Forthcoming) “Ingredients Matter: How the Human Capital of Philanthropic and Traditional Venture Capital Differs.” Journal of Business Ethics.
- Scarlata, Mariarosa, Zacharakis, Andrew, and Walske, Jennifer (2016) ‘The Effect of Founder Experience on the Performance of Philanthropic Venture Capital Firms, Journal of Business Ethics, 34(5): 618-636.
- Tyson, L. and Walske, J. (2016) “Revolution Foods: Expansion into the CPG Market.” California Management Review.
- Walske, J. and Tyson, L., (2015) “Built to Scale; A Comparative Case Analysis, Assessing Why Some Social Enterprises Scale.” International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation 16 (4): 269-281.
- Walske, J. and Tyson, L. (2015) “Fair Trade USA: Scaling for Impact.” California Management Review, 58 (1): 123-143.
- Mueller, S., D’Antino, R., Walske, J., Ehrenhard, M., Newbert, S., Robinson, J.A., Senjem, J. (2015) “What’s Holding Back Social Entrepreneurship? Removing the Impediments to Theoretical Advancement.” Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 6 (3): 245-256.
- Design, Evaluate and Scale Development Technologies
- Social Innovator Onramp
- Ethics and Socially Responsible Business
- Executive MBA, Entrepreneurship
Honors and Awards
- 2016, Outstanding Research Award, School of Management, University of San Francisco
- 2015, Faculty Academic Excellence Award, School of Management, University of San Francisco
- 2011, Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, Berkeley-Haas
- 2012, Best Paper, NYU Stern Conference in Social Entrepreneurship
- 1999, 2000, Ranked 2nd and 3rd in research excellence, worldwide, Institutional All American.
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]