BA, Economics, University of Michigan
MLA, Economics, UC Berkeley
PhD, Economics, UC Berkeley
At Haas since 1985
2001 - present, Professor Emeritus, Haas School of Business
1985 - 2001, Associate Professor, Haas School of Business
1996 - 1997, Visiting Scholar, Yale University
1989 - 1998, Chair, Public and Nonprofit Management Program
1993 - 1996, Chair, Business and Public Policy
1990 - 1996, Faculty Supervisor, East Bay Outreach Project
1979 - 1985, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
1973 - 1979, Visiting Assistant Professor and Lecturer, Haas School of Business
1970 - 1975, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle
External Service and Assignments
- Member, Membership and Governance Committee of NACC
- Academic Advisory Board, National Center on Nonprofit Enterprise
- Member, Governing Committee of Nonprofit Management and Leadership Minority Opportunity Program (NMLOP) for Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC)
- Member, Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC)
- Advisory Board, Aspen Institute California Nonprofit Fund
- Associate Editor, Nonprofit Management and Leadership
Current Research and Interests
- University of California Faculty Research Grant
- University of California Regents’ Junior Faculty Fellowship
- Institute of Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Business Students' and Practitioners' Ethical Decisions Over Time," with James R. Blenn, Jr.Journal of Business Ethics 12 (November 1993): 835-845.
- "A Purposeful Behaviour Theory of Work and Family Size Decisions," with Richard P. Bagozzi, in Female Labour Market Behavior and Fertility, edited by J.J. Siegers, J. de Jong-Gierveld, and E. Van Imholt, 101-129. Berlin: Springer Verlag, 1991.
- "Motivational and Reasoned Processes in the Theory of Consumer Choice," with Richard P. Bagozzi.
- "An Investigation of the Relationship Between Work and Family Size Decisions Over Time," with Richard P. Bagozzi. Multivariate Behavioral Research 23:1 (January 1988): 3-34.
- "Individual and Couple Tastes for Children: Theoretical, Methodological, and Empirical Issues," with Richard P. Bagozzi. Journal of Economic Psychology 8:2 (June 1987): 191-214.
- "Are the Expectations of Women Managers Being Met?" with Warren Boeker, Rebecca Blair, and Karlene Roberts. California Management Review 27:2 (Spring 1985): 148-157.
Honors and Awards
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, Undergraduate Program, 1979, 1982
- Berkeley Campus Distinguished Teaching Award, 1985
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.