Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Applied Economics and Management Science, Wharton Business School (UPenn), 2007
MBA, Finance and Entrepreneurship, Wharton Business School (UPenn), 2005
BA, Harvard University, 2000
At Haas since 2016
2016 – present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
2008 – present, Thiel Capital, Principal, Private Investments
2006 – 2007, Morgan Stanley, Associate, Investment Banking, Media&Telecom
2005 – 2006, Tishman Speyer, Associate, Real Estate Private Equity
2000 – 2002, United Press International, Financial Journalist
Current Research and Interests
- Organizational Theory
- Network theory
- Venture Capital
Selected Papers and Publications
- Conversations with Philosophers, Routledge Press., Upham, P. 2002 (ed.).
- The Space of Love and Garbage, Open Court Press., Upham, P. 2008 (ed.).
- All We Need is a Paradigm: Essays in Science, Economics and Logic, Open Court Press., Upham, P. 2009 (ed.).
- “Communities of Innovation: Schools of Thought and New Knowledge Creation.” Upham, P., et al., Scientometrics. 2009.
- “Finding cohesive clusters for analyzing knowledge communities.” Vasileios, Upham, Ungar. Knowledge and Information Systems. 2008.
- “Analyzing knowledge communities using foreground and background clusters.” Vasileios, Upham, Ungar. ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data. 2008.
- XMBA 295T, Advanced Entrepreneurship, with Toby Stuart, Haas (Berkeley).
- Managing People at Work, with Marshall Meyer, Wharton (UPenn)
- History of Business, Section Leader, Wharton (UPenn)
Honors and Awards
- Visiting Scholar, Columbia University School of Business, Chazen Institute, 2007-2009, 2012-2013
- Senior Fellow, Wharton School of Business (University of Pennsylvania), 2009-2010
- Visiting Scholar, New York University Department of Economics, 2006-2007
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]