BS, Physics, Bombay University
MS, Business, Washington University, St. Louis
PhD, Accounting, Washington University, St. Louis
At Haas since 2000
2000 - present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
1997 - 1999, Chair, Department of Accounting, St. Mary’s College of California
1995 - 1999, Associate Professor of Accounting, St. Mary’s College of California
1990 - 1993, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Emory University, Atlanta
- Evaluating ASPs
- Reducing costs through outsourcing
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Activity Cost Analysis: A Tool to Cost Medical Services and Improve Quality of Care."Journal of Managed Care Quarterly.
- "Costing the Episode of Care Using Activity-Based Costing," in Global Fees for Episodes of Care: New Approaches to Healthcare Financing, edited by Douglas Emery. McGraw Hill Healthcare Education Group, 1998.
- "Accounting Education in a Liberal Arts College." Educational Perspectives 13, no. 2 (Spring 1996).
- "Insider Trading and the Information Content of Earnings." Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting 23, no. 8 (Oct. 1996).
- "Activity-Based Costing for Hospitals." Health Care Management Review 21, no. 3 (Summer 1996).
- "Accounting Firm Policies and Procedures to Prevent Insider Trading Abuses." The Ohio CPA Journal (Nov/Dec 1996).
- "Go Online for Company Information." CPA Journal 66, no. 5 (May 1996).
Honors and Awards
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, Evening & Weekend MBA Program, 2010
- Saint Mary’s College Faculty Alumni Award, 1999
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Honor Society, 1990
- Webb Foundation Doctoral Fellows Scholarship, 1989
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 1987
- Graduate School of Business Fellowship, Washington University, St. Louis, 1985-1989
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.