BA, Economics, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
MSc, Economics, Techion, Haifa, Israel
PhD, Economics, Harvard University
At Haas since 2005
2006 - 2009, Associate Dean for Strategic Planning, Haas School of Business
1997 - 2005, Assistant Professor, Stanford University
External Service and Assignments
- Editorial Board, American Economic Review
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Industrial Organization
Current Research and Interests
- Economics of organization
- Procurement contracting
- Theory of the firm and industrial organization
- Contract theory
- Game theory
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Auctions versus Negotiations in Procurement: An Empirical Analysis," with Patrick Bajari and Robert McMillan. Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.
- "Contracting for Government Services: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Cities," with Jonathan Levin. Journal of Industrial Economics, forthcoming.
- "Profit Sharing and the Role of Professional Partnerships," with Jonathan Levin. Quarterly Journal of Economics 120, no. 1 (2005): 131-172.
- "The Market for Reputations as an Incentive Mechanism," Journal of Political Economy 110, no. 4 (2002): 854-882.
- "Complexity, Flexibility and the Make-or-Buy Decision." American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 92, no. 2 (2002): 433-437.
- "Incentives versus Transaction Costs: A Theory of Procurement Contracts," with Patrick Bajari. Rand Journal of Economics 32, no. 3 (Autumn 2001): 387-407.
- "What's in a Name? Reputation as a Tradeable Asset." American Economic Review 89, no. 3 (1999): 548-563.
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions, MBA 201A
- The Economics of Institutions, PhD
- Mechanism Design and Agency Theory, Economics 206, PhD
Honors and Awards
- Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow
- Phi Beta Kappa Undergraduate Teaching Award, Stanford University, 2005
- Department of Economics Advising Award, Stanford University, 2002
- W. Glenn Campbell and Rita Ricardo-Campbell National Fellow, Hoover Institution, 1999-2000
- Review of Economic Studies Euorpean Tour Speaker, May 1997
- Alfred P. Sloan Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1995-1996
- National Science Foundation Research Grants: 1999-2000, 2000-2002, 2003-2008
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.