BS, Mathematics, Stanford University
BA, Economics, Stanford University
MS, Computer Science, Stanford University
MS, Statistics, Stanford University
PhD, Business, Stanford University
At Haas since 2004
External Service and Assignments
- Reviewer: Operations Research, Management Science, Manufacturing Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Marketing Science, American Economic Review, Information Systems Research, Naval Research Logistics
- Professional Affiliations: Institute for Operations Research and Management Science, American Economic Association, Econometric Society
Current Research and Interests
- Consumer behavior in operations management
- Behavioral decision-making
- Game theory and mechanism design
- Health care and public policy
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Optimal Pricing with Speculators and Strategic Consumers," Management Science 56, no. 1 (2010): 25-40.
- "Peer-Induced Fairness in Games," with T-H. Ho, American Economic Review 99, no. 5 (2009): 2022-2049.
- "Strategic Customer Behavior, Commitment, and Supply Chain Performance," with F. Zhang, Management Science 54, no. 10 (2008): 1759-1773.
- "Bounded Rationality in Newsvendor Models," Manufacturing and Service Operations Management 10, no. 4 (2008): 566-589.
- "Intertemporal Pricing with Strategic Customer Behavior," Management Science 53, no. 5 (2007): 726-741.
- Game Theory and Business Decisions, UGBA 143
- Operations Management, EWMBA 204
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society, INFORMS, 2010.
- Best Paper Award, Behavioral Operations Section, INFORMS, 2009.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2008-2013. "Operations Management with Strategic Consumer Behavior." ($484,505)
- Distinguished Service Award, Management Science, 2009, 2010.
- Wickham Skinner Early Career Research Accomplishments Award, Production and Operations Management Society, 2008.
- Schwabacher Fellowship, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, 2008-2009.
- Meritorious Service Award, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 2007.
- Junior Faculty Paper Competition, INFORMS, Honorable Mention, 2006.
- Junior Faculty Research Grant, Committee on Research, UC Berkeley, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007
- George E. Dantzig Dissertation Award, INFORMS, Honorable Mention, 2004
- Doctoral Colloquium, INFORMS, 2003
- Robert K. Jaedicke Merit Fellowship, Stanford University, 2002-2003
- George E. Nicholson Student Paper Competition, INFORMS, Honorable Mention, 2002
- Seth Bonder Scholarship for Applied Operations Research in Health Services, INFORMS, 2002
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.