BS, University of Missouri
MBA, University of Chicago
PhD, University of Chicago
Michael N. Chetkovich Professor of Accounting Emeritus, Haas School of Business
University of California at Berkeley (1952-1992)
State University of New York, Buffalo
University of Chicago
New York University
London Business School
University of Kansas
University of Canterbury
National University of Singapore
External Service and Assignments
Consultant, litigation support
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Ethics Failures in Corporate Financial Reporting." Journal of Business Ethics 57, no. 1 (March 2005): 5-15.
- "Two Views on Accounting Measurement." Abacus (October 2004): 265-279.
- "On Brian P. West’s Professionalism and Accounting Rules." Abacus (June 2004): 139-156.
- "An Accountant’s Education." The Accounting Historians Journal (June 2003): 155-196.
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Contributions to the Accounting Program at the Haas School, 2009
- Distinguished International Lecturer, American Accounting Association, 1982
- Distinguished Professor Award, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, 1981
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Haas School of Business, 1991
- Erskine Fellow, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1972, 1991
- Fellow, Accounting Researchers International Association
- American Men and Women of Science
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in California
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.