BSFS, International Economics, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
MA, International Economics and Eastern European Studies, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
MBA, Management and Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University
PhD, Management and Organizations, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
At Haas since 2007
2007 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
- Ad hoc reviewer: Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review,Administrative Science Quarterly, American Journal of Sociology, Organization Science,Strategic Management Journal
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, Americal Sociological Association
- Member, Strategic Management Society
Current Research and Interests
- Organizational stigma, status, and reputation
- Organizational misconduct
- Organizational legitimacy
- Corporate governance
- Ethics and leadership
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Organizational Behavior," with Leigh Thompson, in Social Psychology: A Handbook of Basic Principles, 2nd ed., edited by E.T. Higgins and A.W. Kruglanski. New York: Guilford Press. 2007.
- "Vox Populi: Resource Partitioning, Organizational Proliferation and the Cultural Impact of the Insurgent Micro-Radio Movement," with Henrich Greve, and Hayagreeva Rao. American Journal of Sociology 112, no. 3 (2006): 802-837.
- "Fighting a Common Foe: Enmity, Identity and Cooperative Strategy," with Hayagreeva Rao, in Ecology and Strategy, edited by Joel A.C. Baum, Stanislav D. Dobrev, and Arjen van Witteloostuijn. Advances in Strategic Management 23 (2006).
- "To Avoid Surprises, Acknowledge the Dark Side: Illustrations from Securities Analysts," with Paul Hirsch. Strategic Organization 3, no. 2 (2005).
- "Memory and Sacrifice: An Embodied Theory of Martyrdom," with Michaela DeSoucey, Kerry Dobransky, Corey Fields, and Gary Alan Fine. Cultural Sociology.
- "Stigma and Settling Up: An Integrated Approach to the Consequences of Organizational Misconduct for Organizational Elites." Journal of Business Ethics.
- Leading People
Honors and Awards
- Best Symposium Award, Organization and Management Theory Division, Academy of Management, 2007.
- Booz Allen Hamilton/SMS PhD Fellow, Strategic Management Society, 2005.
- Clogg Scholarship Award (Sociology), ASA Sociology Methods Section and the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2004.
- Best reviewer, Organization and Management Theory, Academy of Management, 2003.
- Joseph Kolodny Prize for excellence in Management Studies, New York University, 2001.
- Alumnae Club Key Pin Award, New York University, 2001.
- Texaco/New York University Stern MBA Program Scholarship, 2000-2001.
- New York University President’s Service Award, 2001.
- Stern School of Business Service Award, 2001.
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society.
- Michael Krupensky Award for Russian Studies, Georgetown University, 1994.
- Pew Fellowship for the Study of International Diplomacy, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 1993-1994.
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.