BA (Valedictorian), Accounting & Finance, Athens University of Economics & Business
MSc (Highest Distinction), Accounting & Finance, London School of Economics & Political Science
MA, Management, Yale University
MPhil, Management, Yale University
PhD, Accounting & Finance, Yale University
At Haas since 2010
July 2010 - present, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
- Reviewer: American Accounting Association, The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, European Accounting Review, Journal of Production and Operations Management, Review of Accounting Studies, Review of Financial Studies
- Affiliations: American Accounting Association, European Accounting Association, Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, Onassis Foundation Scholars' Association
Current Research and Interests
- Link between aggregate accounting data and the macroeconomy.
- Measuring and forecasting overall economic activity (e.g., real and nominal GDP) using financial statement analysis.
- Financial statement analysis and valuation at the individual firm level and at the aggregate stock market level .
- Cross-industry economic links and supply-chain management.
- Financial reporting conservatism.
Selected Papers and Publications
- Detecting News in Aggregate Accounting Earnings: Implications for Stock Market Valuation (Review of Accounting Studies, 2013).
- Customer-Base Concentration: Implications for Firm Performance and Capital Markets (The Accounting Review, 2012)
- More Evidence of Bias in Differential Timeliness Estimates of Conditional Conservatism with Jake Thomas (The Accounting Review, 2011).
- Financial Information Analysis, Evening and Weekend MBA Program (Earl F. Cheit Award for Outsanding Teaching).
- Doctoral Course in Capital Markets Research, PhD Program
Honors and Awards
- Schwabacher Fellow, Highest Honor bestowed upon Assistant Professors at the Haas School of Business, 2012-2013.
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, Highest Teaching Award bestowed upon Instructors at the Haas School of Business, 2012.
- American Accounting Association, Competitive Manuscript Award, 2011.
- American Accounting Association Northeast Region, Best Paper Award, 2009.
- Yale School of Management, Harry and Heesun You Fellowship, 2009.
- American Accounting Association, Deloitte and J .Michael Cook Doctoral Fellow, 2008.
- Whitebox Advisors and Yale International Center for Finance, Doctoral Grant 2007.
- S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, Scholarship, 2005-2010.
- European Union Erasmus Fellow, Lancaster University, 2002-2003.
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.