BSocSci, University of Ottawa
MA, Economics, Queen’s University at Kingston
PhD, Economics, Queen’s University at Kingston
At Haas since 2005
2011 - present, Sylvan C. Coleman Chair in Finance and Accounting
2006 - present, Associate Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2003 - present, Associate Professor of Finance, Carnegie Mellon University
2005 - 2006, Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2000 - 2001, Visiting Economist, S.E.C.
1995 - 2002, Assistant Professor of Finance, Carnegie Mellon University
External Service and Assignments
- Associate Editor: Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Markets; Review of Finance;Journal of Financial Intermediation
- Consulting: Morgan Stanley (Auctions) Nasdaq Economic Advisory Board
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Equilibrium in a Dynamic Limit Order Market," with Ronald L. Goettler and Uday Rajan.Journal of Finance.
- "Rationing in IPOs," with Uday Rajan. Review of Finance 9 (2005): 33-63.
- "Liquidity Based Competition for Order Flow," with Duane J. Seppi. Review of Financial Studies 16, no. 2 (Summer 2003): 301-343.
- "Competition in Loan Contracts," with Uday Rajan. American Economic Review (December 2001): 1311-1328.
- "Price Dynamics in Limit Order Markets." Review of Financial Studies 11, no. 4 (Winter 1998): 789-816.
Honors and Awards
- GSIA "Excellence in the Classroom" Teaching Award, 2000
- Carnegie-Bosch Research Grant, 1999, 2001
- BP America Research Chair, 2002-2003
- WFA NYSE Best Equity Trading Paper, "Equilibrium in a Dynamic Limit Order Market," 2004
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management Quant Award for Best Paper in Review of Finance, "Rationing in IPOs," 2005
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.