Diploma, Business Economics, University of Mannheim
MBA, University of Chicago
PhD, Finance, University of Chicago
At Haas since 2008
2008 - present, Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
Current Research and Interests
- Corporate finance (especially financial intermediation and financial regulation)
- Contract theory: dynamic contracting, static contracting, applied game theory
- International/ macro: DSGE models, trade theory
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Target Revaluation after Failed Takeover Attempts - Cash versus Stock," 2015, joint Ulrike Malmendier and Farzad Saidi, forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics.
- “Impatience vs. Incentives,” 2015, joint with John Zhu, Econometrica, 83, 1601-1617.
- "Markup cycles, dynamic misallocation, and amplification." 2014, joint with Christine Parlour & Johan Walden, Journal of Economic Theory, 154, 126-161.
- ''Rating agencies in the face of regulation,'' 2013, joint with Christian C. Opp & Milton Harris, Journal of Financial Economics, 108, 46-61.
- "Expropriation risk and technology,'' 2012, Journal of Financial Economics, 103, 113-129.
- "Tariff wars in a Ricardian model with a continuum of goods," 2010, Journal of International Economics, 80 (2), 212-225.
- "Rybczynski's theorem in the Heckscher-Ohlin world - anything goes," 2009, joint with Hugo Sonnenschein and Christis Tombazos, Journal of International Economics, 79 (1), 137-142.
Honors and Awards
- Fisher Center Grant, UC Berkeley, 2015-2016
- Junior Faculty Research COR Grant, UC Berkeley, 2008 – 2009 and (2012 – 2013)
- John Leusner Fellowship, University of Chicago, 2007-2008
- German National Academic Foundation ERP Fellowship, 2006-2008
- Katherine Dusak Miller Ph.D. Fellowship in Finance, 2007-2008
- AFA Travel Award, 2005
- CRSP Summer Paper Award, University of Chicago, 2004
- German Academic Exchange Fellowship (DAAD), 2003-2006
- Valedictorian Graduate University of Mannheim, 2003
- Friedrich-Naumann Scholar, 2000-2003
- Julius-Paul-Stiegler Foundation Scholar, 2001-2002
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.