Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Finance, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
MS, Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
MS, Statistics, Purdue University
BA, Colgate University
At Haas since 2012
2016 – present, Associate Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2013 – 2016, Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2012 – 2013, Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2012 – 2013, Associate Professor of Finance, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
2007- 2012, Assistant Professor of Finance, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
External Service and Assignments
2012 – present, Faculty Research Fellow, National Bureau of Economic
2012 – present, Small and Medium Enterprise Affiliate, Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
2012 – present, Member of Working Group on Behavioral Economics and Consumer Finance, Alfred P. Sloan
Foundation and the Russell Sage Foundation
Current Research and Interests
- Household Finance, Entrepreneurship, Corruption & Governance, Asset Management, Development
- Tax Policy in Greece
Selected Papers and Publications
- Stock Returns over the FOMC Cycle (with Anna Cieslak and Annette Vissing-Jorgensen),forthcoming, Journal of Finance
- Executive Lawyers: Gatekeepers or Strategic Officers (with Wei Wang and Serena Wu), Journal of Law and Economics,2016, Vol 59, p. 847-888
- Trickle-Down Consumption (with Marianne Bertrand), Review of Economics and Statistics, 2016, Vol. 98 (5), p. 863-879.
- Measuring Income Tax Evasion using Bank Credit: Evidence from Greece (with Nikolaos Artavanis and Margarita Tsoutsoura), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2016, Vol. 131(2), p. 739-798.
- Peer-to-Peer Crowdfunding: Information and the Potential for Disruption in Consumer Lending?,
Annual Review of Financial Economics, 2015, Vol. 7, p. 463-482.
- Compensation Rigging by Powerful CEOs: A Reply and Cross-Sectional Evidence (with Vikram Nanda and Amit Seru), Critical Finance Review, 2013, Vol. 3 (1).
- Global Entrepreneurial Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity
Honors and Awards
- Winner, 2012 European Finance Association Prize: CommonFund Best Paper relevant to Endowment and Foundation Asset Management
- Winner of 2nd Prize, 2009 Journal of Financial Economics Jensen Prize for Corporate Finance and Organizations
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]