Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Organization Behavior, Northwestern University
MS, Organization Behavior, Northwestern University
BA Magna Cum Laude, Psychology, Carleton College
At Haas since 2010
2016 – present, Professor, Management of Organizations Group, Haas School of Business
2010 – 2016, Associate Professor, Management of Organizations Group, Haas School of Business
Courtesy appointment in the Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
2015 – present, Faculty Director, Xlab
2000 – 2010, Assistant to Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Carnegie Mellon University
2008 – 2009, Visiting Faculty, Haas School of Business
2007, Visiting Senior Research Fellow, Australian Graduate School of Management
2004, Visiting Researcher in Social Psychology, Universität Würzburg
2003, Visiting Senior Research Fellow, Australian Graduate School of Management
External Service and Assignments
- Editorial Board of Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (2015 – present)
- Editorial Board of Psychological Science (2015 – present)
- Editorial Board of Judgment and Decision Making (2012 – present)
- Editorial Board of Administrative Science Quarterly (2009 -2013)
- Editorial Board of Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes (2007 – 2009)
- Editorial Board of Organization Science (2007 – 2010)
Current Research and Interests
- Decision making
Selected Papers and Publications
- Moore, D. A., Dev, A. S., & Goncharova, E. Y. (in press). Overconfidence across cultures. Collabra.
- Logg, J. M., Haran, U., & Moore, D. A. (in press). Is overconfidence a motivated bias? Experimental evidence. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General.
- Tenney, E. R., Meikle, N. L., Hunsaker, D., Moore, D. A., & Anderson, C. (in press). Is overconfidence a social liability? The effect of verbal versus nonverbal expressions of confidence. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Mathur, M. B., et al. (in press). Many labs 5: Registered multisite replication of tempting-fate effects in Gilovich and Risen (2008). Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science.
- Perfecto, H., Nelson, L. D., & Moore, D. A. (2018). The category size bias: A mere misunderstanding. Judgment and Decision Making, 13(2), 170-184.
- Benjamin, D. J., et al. (2017). Redefine statistical significance. Nature Human Behavior, 2, 6-10.
- Leading People (MBA205)
- Executive Decision Making
Honors and Awards
- Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow, 2011- 2014
- Best paper award, Managerial and Organizational Cognition Division of the Academy of Management, August 2011.
- IARPA. Research grant for: Exploring the Optimal Forecasting Frontier with B. Mellers and P. Tetlock, 2011-2015.
- Cummings Scholar Award from the Academy of Management, recognizing “significant scholarly achievement during the early- to mid-career stage,” 2007.
- Best paper award, Managerial and Organizational Cognition Division of the Academy of Management, August 2007.
- Weil Prize (CMU) for the paper “Bayesian overconfidence” with Paul J. Healy, 2007.
- National Science Foundation. Research grant for: Correspondence Bias in Performance Appraisal: Why Selecting an Easy Task is a Recipe for Success with Francesca Gino, Zachariah Sharek, and Samuel Swift, 2007-2009.
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]