BS, Economics, Saint Xavier’s College, Calcutta University, India
MA, Economics, Southern Methodist University
PhD, Economics, Southern Methodist University
At Haas since 1996
1999 - present, Visiting Lecturer, Haas School of Business
1998 - present, Managing/Senior Managing Economist, LECG Corporation, Emeryville, CA
1997 - 1998, Associate Professor, Schulicy School of Business, York University, Toronto, Canada
1996 - 1997, Visiting Associate Professor, Haas School of Business
1996 - 1997, Associate Professor of Finance, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
1990 - 1996, Assistant Professor of Finance, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
External Service and Assignments
- Senior Recruiting Coordinator, LECG, Emeryville, CA
- Referee: Journal of Risk and Insurance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, International Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Economics and Finance
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Securities Class Action Settlements: An Empirical Analysis," with Mukesh Bajaj and Atulya Sarin. Santa Clara Law Review 43 (2003): 1001-1033.
- "Universal Banking Under Bilateral Information Asymmetry," with Andrew H. Chen and Sanjay Banerji. Journal of Financial Services Research 22, no. 3 (2002): 169-187.
- "Cost of Issuing Preferred Stock: An Empirical Analysis," with Mukesh Bajaj and Atulya Sarin. Journal of Financial Research 25, no. 4 (Winter 2002): 577-592.
- "Privatization: A Theoretical Framework," with V. Errunza. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money 11, no 3-4 (2001): 339-362.
- "The 'Cost' of Offering Price-Matching Refund Policies: A Contingent Claims Perspective," with J. Srivastava. Research in Finance 18 (2001): 133-151.
- "Monitoring and Bank Loan Pricing," with A.H. Chen and Y Yan. Pacific Basin Finance Journal 8 (2000): 1-24.
- Financial Institutions and Markets, BA 232
- Corporate Finance, BA234.1
Honors and Awards
- Club 6 Member, Haas School of Business, (for teaching excellence, based on student evaluations)
- International Directory of Business and Management Scholars and Research
- Profiles in Business and Management: An International Directory of Scholars and Their Research.
- Institute of Canadian Bankers Award
- Outstanding Student Research Paper Award
- Peter J. Kalman Award
- McGill University representative, Board of Directors, Canadian Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, 1995-1996
- Who’s Who Among International Students in American Universities & Colleges, 1988-1989
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.