BA, Accounting, University of Waterloo
M.Acc, University of Waterloo
PhD, Management (Accounting), Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
At Haas since 2011
2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas Accounting Group, Haas School of Business
Selected Papers and Publications
- “Can Big 4 versus Non-Big 4 Differences in Audit-Quality Proxies Be Attributed To Client Characteristics?” (co-authored with Miguel Minutti-Meza and Ping Zhang) The Accounting Review, 86 (2011).
- “Individual Investors and Financial Disclosure” Journal of Accounting & Economics, 56 (2013).
- Discussion of “Implications of the integral approach and earnings management for alternative annual reporting periods” Forthcoming Review of Accounting Studies (2013).
- “Non-Discretionary Conservatism: Evidence and Implications” (co-authored with Richard Sloan and Yuan Sun) Conditionally accepted Journal of Accounting & Economics (2013). Presented at 2012 Journal of Accounting & Economics Conference.
- “Investors’ Demand for Sell-Side Research: SEC Filings, Media Coverage, and Market Factors” (co-authored with James Ryans and Yuan Sun) (2013). Working paper.
- “Managers’ Cost of Equity Capital Estimates: Empirical Evidence” (co-authored with Stephannie Larocque and Kevin Veenstra) (2013). Working paper.
- “Operational Control Risk: Implications for Audit Practice” (co-authored with Miguel Minutti-Meza and Dushyantkumar Vyas) (2013). Working paper.
- “Who’s the Fairest of Them All? Evidence from Closed-End Funds” (co-authored with Richard Sloan and Jackie Siriviriyakul) (2013). Working paper.
- MBA 223 and EWMBA 223—Corporate Financial Reporting
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.