PhD, MSc, Stanford University
MA, BA, Tel Aviv University
Certified Public Accountant
At Haas since 2011
2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas Accounting Group
Current Research and Interests
- Interdisciplinary Capital Markets. Usefulness of accounting information through its links to Macroeconomics (e.g., inflation; GDP) and Valuation (e.g., financial statement analysis; cost of capital; asset pricing).
Selected Papers and Publications
See https://sites.google.com/site/ykonchit for detailed and updated information.
- Financial Accounting, Core MBA Class
- Doctoral Seminar in Accounting, for PhD Students
- Research Seminar in Financial Accounting, for PhD Students
Honors and Awards
- Hellman Fellows Fund Award for Research Excellence. Selected across U.C. Berkeley as a “Most Promising Assistant Professor” for a large research award. 2013-2014
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, highest teaching award bestowed annually upon instructors at Berkeley Haas. 2013
- Club Six Member, for Teaching Excellence of MBA students, Berkeley Haas. 2011, 2012, 2013 (Overall Instructor Effectiveness scores among top-4 instructors with the highest record across all instructors at Berkeley Haas)
- Evan C. Thompson Teaching & Learning Innovation Award, for MBA Teaching Excellence. 2011 (Overall Instructor Effectiveness scores among top-3 instructors with the highest record across all instructors at Marshall)
- Columbia University CIBER Grant Recipient, The Center for International Business Education and Research at Columbia University. 2009
- Doctoral Fellowships, Stanford GSB. 2002-2007
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Lake Tahoe, CA. 2006
- Jaedicke Merit Award for Excellence in the Ph.D. Program, Stanford GSB. 2003
- Magna Cum Laude, Tel Aviv University. 2002
- Annual Research Prize of the School of Economics, Tel Aviv University. 2000
- Selected to the University’s Special Program for Outstanding Students, Tel Aviv University. 1998-2001
- Awards for Excellence – Full Scholarship and Stipends, Tel Aviv University. 1997-2001
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.