PhD, MSc, Stanford University
MA, BA, Tel Aviv University
Certified Public Accountant
At Haas since 2011
2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas Accounting Group
Current Research and Interests
- Capital Markets. Financial Statement Analysis. Valuation. Usefulness of accounting information through its links to macroeconomics (e.g., inflation; GDP) and valuation (e.g., cost of capital; asset pricing).
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Cost of Capital and Earnings Transparency," 2013. Journal of Accounting and Economics 55 (2-3), 206–224. With Barth and Landsman.
- "Accounting Research: Notes and Perspectives." 2012. University of Southern California Press. (Solo-Authored)
- “Inflation and Nominal Financial Reporting: Implications for Performance and Stock Prices." 2011. The Accounting Review 86 (3), 1045–1085. (Solo-Authored)
- "Event Study Methodologies in IS Research.” 2011. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems 12 (2), 99–115. With O’Leary.
- “Accounting in Business.” 2010. Tel Aviv University Press. Reprinted Editions: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011. With Aranya and Yampuler.
- Financial Accounting, Core MBA Class
- Doctoral Seminar in Accounting, for PhD Students
- Research Seminar in Financial Accounting, for PhD Students
Honors and Awards
- Hellman Fellows Fund Award for Research, a competitive and large award ($48,048) selected across the University for "Showing Capacity for Great Distinction in Research," Berkeley, 2013. Determined by the Chancellor of U.C. Berkeley and "a panel of faculty comprised of four or five recently-tenured faculty members, the Executive Vice Chancellor, Provost or Vice Provost for the Faculty, and a member of the Academic Senate Committee on Research"
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, highest teaching award bestowed upon instructors at Haas, in the academic year 2012-2013
- 2011 and 2012 Club Six Member, for Teaching Excellence of MBA students, Berkeley Haas (highest Overall Instructor Effectiveness scores across all undergrad and MBA instructors when taught in 2012)
- Evan C. Thompson Teaching & Learning Innovation Award, for Teaching Excellence in the MBA program, USC Marshall, 2011 (awarded annually to three instructors only)
- Columbia University CIBER Grant Recipient, The Center for International Business Education and Research at Columbia University (2009)
- Doctoral Fellowships, Stanford GSB (2002-2007)
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Lake Tahoe, CA (2006)
- Jaedicke Merit Award for Excellence in the Ph.D. Program, Stanford GSB (2003)
- Magna Cum Laude, Tel Aviv University (2002)
- Annual Prize of the School of Economics, Tel Aviv University (2000)
- Selected to the University’s Special Program for Outstanding Students, Tel Aviv University (1998-2001)
- Awards for Excellence – Full Scholarship and Stipends, Tel Aviv University (1997-2001)
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.