PhD, MSc, Stanford University
MA, BA, Tel Aviv University
Certified Public Accountant
At Haas since 2011
2011 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas Accounting Group
Current Research and Interests
- Interdisciplinary Capital Markets. Usefulness of accounting information through its links to Macroeconomics (e.g., inflation; GDP) and Valuation (e.g., financial statement analysis; cost of capital; asset pricing).
Selected Papers and Publications
See https://sites.google.com/site/ykonchit for detailed and updated information.
- Financial Accounting, Core MBA Class
- Doctoral Seminar in Accounting, for PhD Students
- Research Seminar in Financial Accounting, for PhD Students
Honors and Awards
- Hellman Fellows Fund Award for Research Excellence, 2013-2014. Selected across U.C. Berkeley as a “Most Promising Assistant Professor” for a large research award
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, highest teaching award bestowed annually upon instructors at Haas, for the academic year 2012-2013
- 2011 and 2012 Club Six Member, for Teaching Excellence of MBA students, Berkeley Haas (highest Overall Instructor Effectiveness scores across all undergrad and MBA instructors when taught in 2012)
- Evan C. Thompson Teaching & Learning Innovation Award, for Teaching Excellence in the MBA program, USC Marshall, 2011 (awarded annually to three instructors only)
- Columbia University CIBER Grant Recipient, The Center for International Business Education and Research at Columbia University (2009)
- Doctoral Fellowships, Stanford GSB (2002-2007)
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Lake Tahoe, CA (2006)
- Jaedicke Merit Award for Excellence in the Ph.D. Program, Stanford GSB (2003)
- Magna Cum Laude, Tel Aviv University (2002)
- Annual Prize of the School of Economics, Tel Aviv University (2000)
- Selected to the University’s Special Program for Outstanding Students, Tel Aviv University (1998-2001)
- Awards for Excellence – Full Scholarship and Stipends, Tel Aviv University (1997-2001)
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.