Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Harvard University
BA, Stanford University
At Haas since 2015
2015 – present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
2009 – 2015, Assistant Professor, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Current Research and Interests
- Health economics
- Industrial organization
- Public economics
- Applied microeconomics
Selected Papers and Publications
- Health Insurance for “Humans”: Information Frictions, Plan Choice, and Consumer Welfare” (with Ben Handel), American Economic Review, 2015, 105(8): 2449-2500.
- “Adverse Selection and an Individual Mandate: When Theory Meets Practice” (with Martin Hackmann and Amanda Kowalski), American Economic Review, 2015, 105(3): 1030-6.
- “Information and Quality when Motivation is Intrinsic: Evidence from Surgeon Report Cards” American Economic Review, 2013, 103(7): 2875-2910.
- “The Impact of Health Care Reform On Hospital and Preventive Care: Evidence from Massachusetts” (with Amanda Kowalski), Journal of Public Economics, 2012, 96(11-12): 909-912.
- “Input Constraints and the Efficiency of Entry: Lessons From Cardiac Surgery” (with David Cutler and Robert Huckman), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 2010, 2(1): 51-76.
- Health Economics (Undergraduate and PhD)
- eHealth: Business Models and Impact (MBA)
Honors and Awards
- Barbara Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Arrow Award, Internation Health Economics Association (Best Paper in Health Economics) 2014
- 3rd Biennial Student Paper Award, American Society of Health Economists (given every 2 years for the best sole authored student paper in health economics), 2009
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]