BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University
MAcc, Brigham Young University
MS, Statistics, Stanford University
PhD, Accounting, Stanford University
At Haas since 2005
2005 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
Current Research and Interests
- Divisional performance measurement
- Management incentives
- Transfer pricing
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Multi-Stage Capital Budgeting for Shared Investments," with T. Pfeiffer and G. Schneider. Forthcoming, Management Science.
- "Employee Stock Options and Future Firm Performance," with R. Kasznik and D. Aboody. Journal of Accounting and Economics 50 (2010).
- "Deferred Taxes in Residual Income Compensation Schemes." Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2010.
- "Divisional Performance Measurement and Transfer Pricing for Intangible Assets." Review of Accounting Studies 11 (2006).
- "Dual Transfer Prices with Internal and External Trade," with E.Johnson and T. Pfeiffer. Working Paper (2012)
- "Round Numbers and Security Returns," with E. Johnson and D. Shanthikumar. Working Paper (2009).
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting, UGBA 102B
- Managerial Accounting, MBA 224A
- Research Seminar in Accounting, PHDBA 229S
- Doctoral Seminar in Accounting - Contract Theory, PHDBA 229A
Honors and Awards
- Co-winner of Best Paper Award, 2005 RAST Conference
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2009
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.