BA, University of California, Davis
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City
Master of Public Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
At Haas since 2009
2009 - present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
2007 - present, Partner, Customer Insights & Brand Strategy Consulting, Brand Amplitude
2006 - present, Founder, Business & Brand Strategy Consulting, Pure Gravy
2001 - 2006, Partner / Managing Partner, Prophet Brand Strategy
1999 - 2001, SVP E-commerce & Catalog, Illuminations
1992 - 1999, Associate Partner, Retail Strategy, Accenture/Andersen Consulting
1990 - 1992, Director of Corporate Strategy, Patagonia
1983 - 1990, Manager, Boston Consulting Group
External Service and Assignments
- Advisory Board Member, Netconversions
- Advisory Board Member and marketing lead, QuickDog
- Advisory Board Member, FirstRegistry/Cloudpop
- Annual Strategic Marketing Conference Leadership Team, American Marketing Association
- Advisory Board Member and Columnist, Retail Customer Experience Magazine
- Advisor, Undergraduate Marketing Association
- Advisor, UC Berkeley Chapter, American Marketing Association
- Advisor, UC Berkeley Chapter, American Advertising Federation (Imagi-Cal)
Selected Papers and Publications
- The Brand Strategy Toolkit, 2012 with Carol Phillips (Notre Dame), available through lulu.com
- "How to Conduct A Brand Audit", "How to Ensure Consistent Brand Expression," and many other articles about marketing available on brandamplitude.com
- "Brand Extension: Determining When and Where to Extend Your Brand Into New Markets," AMA On-Demand Webcast (November 2005).
- "On Track," Marketing Management (October 2005).
- Brand Strategy & Management, UGBA162
- Marketing, UGBA106
- Social Media Decal
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.