BEng, Electrical Engineering, National University of Singapore
MSc, Computer and Information Science, National University of Singapore
MA, Decision Sciences, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
PhD, Decision Sciences, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
At Haas since 2002
2007 - present, Director, Asia Business Center
2002 - present, William Halford Jr. Family Professor of Marketing, Haas School of Business
2005 - 2006, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Haas School of Business
1997 - 2002, Associate Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
2000 - 2002, Visiting Professor, National University of Singapore
1994 - 1997, Assistant Professor of Operations and Technology Management, The Anderson School, UCLA
1993 - 1994, Lecturer, National University of Singapore
External Service and Assignments
- Editor-in-Chief, Management Science
- Departmental Editor, Management Science (Decision Analysis)
- Co-editor, Foundations and Trends in Marketing
- Associate Editor, Journal of Marketing Research, Marketing Science, Quantitative Marketing and Economics
- Member, American Economic Association, INFORMS
- Consultant, Autodesk, Boston Scientific Corporation, Campbell’s, eBay, HP, INTEL, and Martek
- Director, Berkeley-NTU Advanced Management Program, Berkeley Pricing Program
- Past Academic Director: IE-Wharton-INSEAD Global Marketing Executive Education Program
Current Research and Interests
- Behavioral pricing and revenue model design
- Bounded rationality and alternatives to equilibrium models
- Emotional gaming
- Strategic intelligence quotient
Selected Papers and Publications
- Giving Feedback to Clients, TH Ho, C Yeung. Management Science, 2014.
- Distributional and Peer‐Induced Fairness in Supply Chain Contract Design, TH Ho, X Su, Y Wu. Production and Operations Management 23 (2), 161-175, 2014.
- Ho, T-H and Su, X. "A Dynamic Level-k Model in Sequential Games," Management Science, 59:452-469, 2013.
- Ho, T-H, Li, S., Park, S-E, and Shen M. "Customer Influence Value and Purchase Acceleration in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, 31:236-256, 2012.
- Ho, T-H and Su X. "Peer-induced Fairness in Games," The American Economic Review, 99:5, 2022-2049, 2009
- A cognitive hierarchy model of games, CF Camerer, TH Ho, JK Chong. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 861-898, 2004
- Experience‐weighted Attraction Learning in Normal Form Games, C Camerer, T Hua Ho. Econometrica 67 (4), 827-874, 1999.
- Determining where to shop: fixed and variable costs of shopping, DR Bell, TH Ho, CS Tang. Journal of Marketing Research, 352-369, 1998.
- New product development: The performance and time-to-market tradeoff, MA Cohen, J Eliasberg, TH Ho. Management Science 42 (2), 173-186, 1996.
- Violations of the betweenness axiom and nonlinearity in probability, CF Camerer, TH Ho. Journal of risk and uncertainty 8 (2), 167-196, 1994
- Experimental economics
Honors and Awards
- Berkeley Distinguished Teaching Award, 2010
- National Science Foundation Grant, 2004-2007
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2006
- Finalist, John D.C. Little Best Paper Award, 2005
- Finalist, Paul Green Best Paper Award, 2005
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2005
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2004
- National Science Foundation Grants, 1995-2003
- Earl F. Cheit Award Honorable Mention, 2003
- Finalist, Helen Kardon Moss Anvil Teaching Award, Wharton, 2000
- Deloitte and Touche Award for Management Field Study, Advisor, UCLA, 1996
- George Dantzig Best Dissertation Award, Honorable Mention, 1994
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.