BA, Stanford University
MA, University of Chicago
PhD, University of Chicago
At Haas since 1993
Current Research and Interests
- Global leadership development
- Cross-border organization development: innovation, collaboration, change management
- Global teams
Selected Papers and Publications
What is Global Leadership? 10 Key Behaviors that Define Great Global Leaders, with co-authors Terry Hogan and Karen Cvitkovich, Nicholas Brealey, 2011
Global Diversity: Winning Customers and Engaging Employees within World Markets. London: Nicholas Brealey International, 2007.
Working GlobeSmart: 12 Key Skills for Success Across Borders. Palo Alto: Davies-Black, 2003.
- The 3M Way to Innovation: Balancing People and Profit. New York: Kodansha, 2000.
- “Going Global: What, How, and with Whom.” Velocity, Strategic Account Management Association 4, no. 4 (4th Quarter 2002).
- “The Future of Global Management.” International Focus: In-Depth Articles for the Global HR Professional, Society for Human Resources Management (2000).
- “How to Communicate Globally.” Training & Development 53, no. 6 (June 1999).
- “Ethics and Working with the Japanese.” California Management Review 33, no. 3 (Spring 1991).
- Global Management Skills
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.