PhD, Operations and Information Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
MA, Statistics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
MSc, Operations Management, University of Chile
Industrial Engineer, University of Chile
BS, Industrial Engineering, University of Chile
At Haas since 2012
2012 - present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
Current Research and Interests
- Business Model Innovation
- Business Analytics
- Service Innovation
- Operations Strategy
- Operation-Marketing Interface
Selected Papers and Publications
- Guajardo, J.A., M.A. Cohen, S.-Y. Kim, S. Netessine. 2012. Impact of Performance-Based Contracting on Product Reliability: An Empirical Study. Management Science, 58(5) 961-979.
- Guajardo, J.A., M.A. Cohen, S. Netessine. 2014. Service Competition and Product Quality in the U.S. Automobile Industry. Working paper.
- Guajardo, J.A., R. Weber, J, Miranda. 2010. A Model Updating Strategy for Predicting Time Series with Seasonal Patterns. Applied Soft Computing, 10(1) 276-283.
Honors and Awards
- Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation Faculty Research Grant Award, 2013
- Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation Faculty Research Grant Award, 2012
- Finalist, 2010 MSOM student paper competition
- 2010 Juran Fellowship (Joseph M. Juran Center for Leadership in Quality at the University of Minnesota)
- Wharton Risk Center Russell Ackoff Doctoral Student Fellowship, 2009 and 2010
- Doctoral Fellowship, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2007-2011
- Best Teacher Assistant Award, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Chile, 2002
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.