BA, Economics, California State University, Fullerton
MA, Economics, University of Wisconsin
PhD, Economics, University of Wisconsin
At Haas since 2008
2008 - present, Visiting Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
1996 - present, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of San Francisco
2004 - present, Instructor, CFA Society of San Francisco Review Program
1997 - present, Instructor, UC Berkeley Extension
1994 - 1995, Vice President and Quantitative Consultant, Callan Associates, Inc.
1992 - 1994, Principal Economist (Principal Administrator), Centre for Co-operation with the Economies in Transition, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
1990 - 1992, Visiting Professor, Graham School of Management MBA Program, St. Xavier University
1990 - 1993, Visiting Professor, American University of Paris
1983 - 1990, Assistant Professor of Economics, UC Santa Cruz
Current Research and Interests
- Monetary policy and financial markets
- International financial economics
- Emerging market economics
- Investment finance
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Brazil Survives...For Now." Prepared for Coast Partners Securities, March 1999.
- "Lessons from Asia." Prepared for East/West Securities, April 1998.
- "An Overview of the Development of Equity Markets in Selected Central and Eastern European Countries and New Independent States." Prepared for the Conference on Development and Regulation of Securities Markets in Transition Countries, held in Warsaw in May 1996.
- "East European Markets Rush to Adolescence." Pensions and Investments (19 September 1994).
- "Mongolia's Reform: Experiences and Prospects," in From Reform to Growth: China and other Countries in Transition in Asia and Central and Eastern Europe. OECD, 1994.
- "Training Public Officials on the Market Reform Process in Central and Eastern Europe," presented at IMF/UNDP Conference, "Training of Government Officials in Techniques of Macroeconomic Management in Transition Economies: A Review of Experiences and Future Needs," Washington, DC, July 1992.
- Economics for Business Decision Making, EWMBA 201A
Honors and Awards
- Honored Instructor, University of California, Berkeley Extension, 2006
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty, USF School of Business and Management, 2003
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.