Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
Doctoral Studies, Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin
Master of Business Administration, Golden Gate University
BSc. (Hons), Biochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
At Haas since 2004
2004-Present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
2012-Present, Visiting Professor, University of International Business & Economics, Beijing, China
2011, Visiting Professor, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
2012-Present, Deliver seminars and workshops at California Society of CPAs Education Foundation: Financial Modeling and Driver-Based Planning, Cost Reduction Strategies: Best Practices, Cost Modeling and Analysis Using Excel
1999-Present, Provide analytical and systems design services specializing in cost modeling, driver-based planning, and strategic business process design to small and mid-sized enterprises. Clients have included: Western Water, The Entrada Group, Helvex, The Tides Center, Whole Earth Networks, Sola Optical
External Service and Assignments
- 2000 – present, Organized executive seminars for the financial communities in Latin America: Five-Day Executive Course in Finance & Accounting, Money Laundering Detection for Banks, Operational Auditing for Banks, Strategic Credit Management for Banks
- 1997 – present, Delivered executive seminars for the financial communities in Latin America: Cost Modeling & Analysis Using Excel, Activity-Based Budgeting & Planning, Activity-Based Costing & Management, Activity-Based Pricing & Profit Strategies, Cost Accounting & Management, Manufacturing Cost Management
- 1995 – present, Provided analytical and systems design services specializing in strategic cost modeling, activity-based costing, strategic business process design to small and mid-sized enterprises. Clients have included: The Entrada Group, Helvex, The Tides Center, Whole Earth Networks, Sola Optical
Current Research and Interests
- Multi-driver cost modeling
- Driver-based planning
- Cost Reduction strategies
Selected Papers and Publications
- “Strategic Mapping of Technology-Based Delivery Modes in Higher Education,” with Miro Costa. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Multimedia & Telecommunications Management, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong (1998).
- “Technology Infrastructure: Funding Implications for Capability and Capacity in Multi-Campus Systems of Higher Education,” with Joseph Stevenson, Sharon Meyer and Chris Lefferts. Proceedings of the 16th Conference of the International Council for Innovation in Higher Education, National University, Costa Mesa (1998).
- “The Coming Revolution in Higher Education.” Proceedings of the Production and Operations Management Society International Conference, Cape Town, South Africa (1998).
- UGBA102A Introduction to Financial Accounting
- UGBA102B Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]