Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
MBA, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, 2000
MA, Economic Development (FRI program), Stanford University, 1990
BA, Quantitative Economics, with Honors, Stanford University, 1990 (awarded jointly with MA degree)
At Haas since 2008
2008 – present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
2016 – present, Co-Director, Berkeley-Haas Lean Launchpad program in Brazil
2013 – present, Faculty Advisor, UC-Haiti Initiative
2010 – 2013, Faculty Advisor, Latin American and Hispanic Business Conference, Berkeley-Haas
2007 – present, President, Developing Markets Group, San Francisco, CA
2001 – 2007, Director, Agland Investment Services, Larkspur, CA
2000 – 2001, Senior Business Consultant, Sapient Corporation, San Francisco, CA
1997 – 1998, Consultant, World Bank, Northeast Brazil
1990 – 1996, Associate, Aguirre International, San Mateo, CA
1989, Researcher, Inter-American Development Bank, Washington, DC
Current Research and Interests
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in developing regions
- The role of business and technology in economic development
- Innovation clusters and regional economic development
- Agricultural development
- Entrepreneurial education
- International consulting
Selected Papers and Publications
- Peter Knight, Flavio Feferman, and Nathalia Foditsch, Broadband Internet in Brazil (Banda Larga no Brasil) (Editora Figurati, 2016).
- Flavio Feferman et al., Groupelephant.com: Going “Beyond Corporate Purpose” (Haas Case Series, 2016)
- Flavio Feferman, “Brazil: Good governance in the tropics – The Rise of the Porto Digital Cluster of Innovation” in J. Engel, Global Clusters of Innovation (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2014).
- Fernando Carvalho, Flavio Feferman, Peter Knight and Glenn Woroch, “Private-Public Partnerships for Expanding Broadband Access: Lessons from the Cinturão Digital do Ceará Network in Brazil”. International Telecommunications Society (ITS) Conference, December 2014.
- Feferman et al., “Minas Gerais State Regional Economic Competitiveness Strategy”, submitted to the Federation of Industries, Government of Minas Gerais, Brazil, and the Inter-American Development Bank, 2012.
- MBA215: Business Strategies for Emerging Markets
- EWMBA298: Seminar in International Business (SIB)
- XMBA296: Brazil Immersion (EMBA program)
- MBA298A: International Business Development (IBD) international consulting course
- MBA290T: Business and Technology for Sustainable Development
- Faculty mentor: Lean Launchpad entrepreneurship course
- Executive education programs, Center for Executive Education (CEE)
- Guest Lectures: Global Management, Marketing for High Tech Entrepreneurs, Social Impact Speaker Series, Undergraduate Seminar on Haiti.
Honors and Awards
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2014
- Club 6 Member, Haas School of Business (for teaching excellence, based on student evaluations), multiple semesters
- Recognition for Club 6 membership in multiple courses, 2013
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]