Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
Distinguished Teaching Fellow
Haas Accounting Group
Email: click on the envelope icon below for full email address
Academic Status: On duty
Office Hours: By appointment, F485
(in PDF format, Acrobat Reader required)
BA, Economics, Renmin University of China
MA, Economics, University of Maryland
MS, Statistics, Stanford University
PhD, Business Administration, Stanford University
At Haas since 2003
1999 – 2003, Research Assistant, Stanford University
External Service and Assignments
- Moderator, 14th Annual Financial Reporting Conferences
- Affiliations: American Accounting Association
Current Research and Interests
- Financial reporting and capital market efficiency
- Accounting information for internal control and managerial compensation
Selected Papers and Publications
- “Earnings Management and Ownership Retention for Initial Public Offering Firms: Theory and Evidence.” The Accounting Review 82(1), (2007)
- “Hurdle Rate and Project Development Effort,” with Sunil Dutta, The Accounting Review 84 (2), (2009).
- “Accounting Conservatism, Aggregation, and Information Quality,” with Xiao-jun Zhang, forthcoming, Contemporary Accounting Research.
- “Incentives for Innovation and Centralized versus Delegated Capital Budgeting “, with Sunil Dutta, forthcoming, Journal of Accounting and Economics.
- “Earnings Management and Pay-Performance Sensitivity in a Multi-period Agency Setting”, with Sunil Dutta.
- “Historical Cost and Fair Value Accounting for Real Estate: Evidence from US and UK Real Estate Investment Trusts,” with Gilad Livne, Yulin Long, and Maureen McNichols.
Honors and Awards
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, PhD Program, 2008
- COR Junior Faculty Research Grant, 2004 and 2005
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2002
- Pac Ten Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2001
- Stanford University Graduate School of Business Fellowship, 1998-2003
- University of Maryland at College Park Graduate Scholarship, 1996-1998
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]