BA, Economics, Renmin University of China
MA, Economics, University of Maryland
MS, Statistics, Stanford University
PhD, Business Administration, Stanford University
At Haas since 2003
1999 - 2003, Research Assistant, Stanford University
External Service and Assignments
- Moderator, 14th Annual Financial Reporting Conferences
- Affiliations: American Accounting Association
Current Research and Interests
- Financial reporting and capital market efficiency
- Accounting information for internal control and managerial compensation
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Earnings Management and Ownership Retention for Initial Public Offering Firms: Theory and Evidence." The Accounting Review 82(1), (2007)
- "Hurdle Rate and Project Development Effort," with Sunil Dutta, The Accounting Review 84 (2), (2009).
- "Accounting Conservatism, Aggregation, and Information Quality," with Xiao-jun Zhang, forthcoming, Contemporary Accounting Research.
- "Incentives for Innovation and Centralized versus Delegated Capital Budgeting ", with Sunil Dutta, forthcoming, Journal of Accounting and Economics.
- "Earnings Management and Pay-Performance Sensitivity in a Multi-period Agency Setting", with Sunil Dutta.
- "Historical Cost and Fair Value Accounting for Real Estate: Evidence from US and UK Real Estate Investment Trusts," with Gilad Livne, Yulin Long, and Maureen McNichols.
Honors and Awards
- Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching, PhD Program, 2008
- COR Junior Faculty Research Grant, 2004 and 2005
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2002
- Pac Ten Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2001
- Stanford University Graduate School of Business Fellowship, 1998-2003
- University of Maryland at College Park Graduate Scholarship, 1996-1998
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.