BS, Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
MS, Applied Chemistry, University of Minnesota
MBA, Accounting, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
PhD, Business Administration, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
At Haas since 1996
2009 - present, Director of the PhD Program
2008 - present, Joan and Egon von Kaschnitz Distinguished Professor of Accounting and International Business, Haas School of Business
2002 - 2008, Joan and Egon von Kaschnitz Distinguished Associate Professor of Accounting and International Business, Haas School of Business
1996 - 2002, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
1994 - 1996, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, University of British Columbia
External Service and Assignments
- Associate Editor, Management Science
- Editorial Boards: The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Review of Accounting Studies
- Reviewer: The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Review of Accounting Studies, Journal of Accounting Research, Contemporary Accounting Research, Management Science, European Journal of Operations Research, California Management Review
- Affiliations: American Accounting Association, American Finance Association, The Society for Financial Studies, Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Current Research and Interests
- Accounting information, performance measures, and managerial incentive contracts
Selected Papers and Publications
- "Decentralized Capacity management and Internal Pricing," with S. Reichelstein. Review of Accounting Studies 15 no. 3 (2010).
- "Hurdle Rates and Project Development Efforts," with Q. Fan. The Accounting Review 84, no. 2 (2009).
- "Managerial Expertise, Private Information, and Pay-Performance Sensitivity." Management Science 54, no. 3 (2008).
- "Cost Allocation for Capital Budgeting Decisions," with T. Baldenius and S. Reichelstein. The Accounting Review 82, no. 4 (2007).
- "Stock Price, Earnings, and Book Value in Managerial Performance Measures," with S. Reichelstein. The Accounting Review 80, no. 4 (2005).
- Financial Reporting, MBA 202
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award of the 2001 Review of Accounting Studies Conference
- Best Paper Award of the 1999 Review of Accounting Studies Conference
- Schwabacher Fellowship, 1998-99
- Club 6 Member, Haas School of Business, (for teaching excellence, based on student evaluations), 1996-2003
- Junior Faculty Research Grant, UC Berkeley, 1996
- Research Grant, Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.