Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
PhD, Harvard University, Department of Economics
MA, Harvard University, Department of Economics
Degree in Economics, Summa cum Laude, Laurea Bocconi University
At Haas since 2014
2014 – present, Daniel E. Koshland, Sr. Distinguished Professor of Economics and Professor of Business Administration
2013 – 2014, Daniel E. Koshland, Sr. Distinguished Professor of Economics
2012 – 2013, Professor
2008 – 2012, Associate Professor
2002 – 2008, Assistant Professor
External Service and Assignments
- Co-Editor, American Economic Review, January 2017-
- Co-Editor, Handbook of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier (with Doug Bernheim and David Laibson), 2018-19
Current Research and Interests
Selected Papers and Publications
- “Structural Behavioral Economics”, forthcoming in Handbook of Behavioral Economics, Volume 1 (eds. Doug Bernheim, Stefano DellaVigna, and David Laibson), 2018, Elsevier.
- “Predicting Experimental Results: Who Knows What?” (with Devin Pope), Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.
- “What Motivates Effort? Evidence and Expert Forecasts” (with Devin Pope), Review of Economic Studies, April 2018, Vol. 85, 1029–1069.
- “Reference-Dependent Job Search: Evidence from Hungary” (with Attila Lindner, Balazs Reizer, and Johannes Schmieder), Quarterly Journal of Economics, November 2017, Vol. 132, 1969–2018.
- “Does Conflict of Interest Lead to Biased Coverage? Evidence from Movie Reviews” (with Johannes Hermle), Review of Economic Studies, October 2017, Vol. 84, 1510–1550.
- “Voting to Tell Others” (with John List, Ulrike Malmendier, and Gautam Rao), Review of Economic Studies, January 2017, Vol. 84, 143-181.
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Winner of the AEJ-Applied Best Paper Prize
- Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow, 2008-2010
- UC Berkeley Campus-wide Distinguished Teaching Award, 2008
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]