BA, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California.
MBA, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California
MCCP, Harvard University, Graduate School of Business, Boston, MA. (Management Program)
Doctoral Studies (Finance), Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California
At Haas since 2005
Associate Director, Center for Business Innovation, Haas School of Business, 2009 – present
Executive Director, Center for Financial Reporting & Management, Haas School of Business, 2005 - 2009
Executive Director, Center for Innovative Financial Technology, Haas School of Business, 2009
Associate Director, Center for International Business Development, Haas School of Business, 2009
Associate Professor of Clinical Accounting, University of Southern California, 1996-2005
Senior Manager of Finance/Vice-President, Bank of America, San Francisco, CA. 1995
Vice President of Finance/Planning & Analysis, First Interstate Bank, Los Angeles, 1993-95
Corporate Controller/Vice President, Glenfed Inc., Glendale, CA, 1984-92
Senior Financial Analyst, Bank of Oklahoma, Tulsa, OK, 1983-84
Senior Financial Analyst, Motorola Inc, Chicago, IL, 1980 -83
- Jiao Tong University, China, Summer breaks 2010, 2011
- International University of Business & Economics, Beijing, China , Summer Break 2011
- University of Zurich, Switzerland, Spring Breaks 2010, 2011
- Lancaster University, School of Management, United Kingdom, Spring Break 2011
- East China Normal University, China – Summer Program 2010)
- Wuhan University, China, Executive MBA Program , Summer 2005
- Euro-med School of Management, France, Summer 2004
- EM Lyon School of Management, France, Summers: 1999, 2000,2001,2003, 2004)
- Stanford University, Graduate School of Management (guest lectured at various times)
- Peter Drucker School of Management, Claremont, Ca (guest lectured at various times)
External Service and Assignments
- Executive Education – Taught courses for: Google, HP, Genentech, Health Net, Conceptus, UCSF Medical Center, The CIO Institute & American Association of Corporate Counsel.
- Keynote Speaker: Fraunhofer Institute’s Innovation Conference, Germany, 2011; World Trade Center, Mexico City, 2011; The Atlantic’s “American Competitiveness Town Hall Meeting” 2006, and The American Accounting Association Conference.
- Chair, CFO Round tables (quarterly meetings) – 2006 – present
- Directs and Organizes Berkeley Innovation Semiannual Forums – since 2009 – present
- Chief Content Officer and Moderator: CFO Summit for Global 1000 companies -2010
- Spearheaded the approval of a new Masters Degree in Accounting from inception. 2007-2010.
- Chair, CFRM Executive Board and Advisory Boards for Financial Reporting Conferences.
- Developed new courses: Business Models & Open Innovation, Forensic Accounting and International Accounting and Custom Executive Accounting Programs.
- Directed and moderated annual Financial Reporting Conferences 2005-2009
- Faculty Advisor to several student organizations student case competitions
- Founded and Spearheaded an International School and Charity Hospital in India (1999 / 2003)
- President - Hope For People International, Burbank, Ca. 2005 – Present
- Chairman - Project India, 1986 – Present
- Board of Directors: Genius Labs, Pasadena, CA. (1998-2000)
- Board of Directors: Mustard Seed International, Pasadena, CA. 1998 – 2004
- Board of Directors: Mission Compassion Inc., (Relief Organization), SF, CA. 1980 – 1990
- Chairman of the board - Project India (a humanitarian organization), India. 1986 -Present
- Consulting Experience – 1998-2000 to several startup companies of former students.
- Chief Financial Officer - Mustard Seed Inc, USA, Pasadena. 1992 –1993
Current Research and Interests
- Open Innovation and Business Models
- Strategic Planning & Cost Reduction Strategies
- Profit Center Accounting
- International Accounting & Multinational Corporations
- Forensic Accounting
- MBA 224, Managerial Accounting
- EMBA 202, Financial Reporting
- UGBA 127, International Accounting / Forensic Accounting
- MBA 290T.2/ENG 298A.2, Topics in Open Innovation:
- UGBA 190T, Open Innovation and Business Models
Honors and Awards
- Leadership Award for Exemplary Service – 2009 from Haas School of Business
- Golden Apple Teaching Awards – 1997 & 2001 from Marshall Business School, USC
- Most Innovative Teacher Award - 2000 from Marshall Faculty Award, USC
- National Teaching Awards – 2002, 2004, 2005
- “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers”
- Motor Board Outstanding Professor Award – 2003
- Professor of the Year Award – 2003 (National Greek Society – Gamma Sigma Alpha)
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.