AB, Psychology, Yale University
PhD, Psychology, Cornell University
At Haas since 2010
2010 - present, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (Editorial board)
Social Psychological and Personality Science (Editorial board)
Association for Consumer Research
Behavioral Science & Policy Association
Society for Consumer Psychology
Society for Personality and Social Psychology
Society for Judgment and Decision Making
Current Research and Interests
Judgment and decision making
Consumer experience, preferences, and behavior
The self (e.g., self-insight, self-regulation, self-affirmation)
Selected Papers and Publications
- Critcher, C.R., & Dunning, D. (2015). Self-affirmations provide a broader perspective on self-threat. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 41, 3-18.
- Critcher, C.R., & Dunning, D., & Rom S. (2015). Causal trait theories: A new form of person knowledge that explains egocentric pattern projection. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 108, 400-416.
- Critcher, C. R., & Gilovich, T. (2008). Incidental environmental anchors. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 21, 241-251.
- Critcher, C. R., & Zayas, V. (2014). The involuntary excluder effect: Those included by an excluder are seen as exclusive themselves. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 107, 454-474.
- Risen, J. L., & Critcher, C. R. (2011). Visceral fit: While in a visceral state, associated states of the world seem more likely. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 100, 777-793.
- Rosenzweig, E., & Critcher, C. R. (2014). Decomposing forecasting: The salience-assessment-weighting (SAW) model. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 23, 368-373.
- UGBA165: Advertising Strategy
- MBA265: Influencing Customers
Honors and Awards
Science: Editors' Choice
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
Yale University Angier Prize
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.