AB, Psychology, Yale University
PhD, Psychology, Cornell University
At Haas since 2010
2010 - present, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
Association for Consumer Research
Society for Personality and Social Psychology
Society for Judgment and Decision Making
Association for Psychological Science
Current Research and Interests
Judgment and decision making
Self and social insight
Consumer experience and preferences
Selected Papers and Publications
- Critcher, C. R., & Dunning, D. (2009). Egocentric pattern projection: How implicit personality theories recapitulate the geography of the self. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97, 1-16.
- Critcher, C. R., & Dunning, D. (2009). How chronic self-views influence (and mislead) self-assessments of performance: Self-views shape bottom-up experiences with the task.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97, 931-945.
- Critcher, C. R., & Gilovich, T. (2008). Incidental environmental anchors. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 21, 241-251.
- Critcher, C. R., & Zayas, V. (in press). The involuntary excluder effect: Those included by an excluder are seen as exclusive themselves. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Risen, J. L., & Critcher, C. R. (2011). Visceral fit: While in a visceral state, associated states of the world seem more likely. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 100, 777-793.
- Rosenzweig, E., & Critcher, C. R. (in press). Decomposing forecasting: The SAW (Salience, Assessment, Weighting) model. Current Directions in Psychological Science.
- UGBA165: Advertising Strategy
- MBA265: Advertising Strategy
Honors and Awards
Carol D. Soc Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring Award, April 2014
Science: Editors' Choice
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
Yale University Angier Prize
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.