AB, Psychology, Yale University
PhD, Psychology, Cornell University
At Haas since 2010
2010 - present, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Haas School of Business
External Service and Assignments
Association for Consumer Research
Society for Personality and Social Psychology
Society for Judgment and Decision Making
Association for Psychological Science
Current Research and Interests
Judgment and decision making
Self and social insight
Consumer experience and preferences
Selected Papers and Publications
- Critcher, C. R., & Dunning, D. (in press). No good deed goes unquestioned: Cynical reconstruals maintain belief in the power of self-interest. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- Critcher, C. R., & Ferguson, M. J. (in press). Affect in the abstract: Abstract mindsets promote sensitivity to affect. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- Risen, J. L., & Critcher, C. R., (2011). Visceral fit: While in a visceral state, associated states of the world seem more likely. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 100, 777-793.
- Critcher, C. R., & Dunning, D. (2009). Egocentric pattern projection: How implicit personality theories recapitulate the geography of the self. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97, 1-16.
- Critcher, C. R., & Dunning, D. (2009). How chronic self-views influence (and mislead) selfassessments of performance: Self-views shape bottom-up experiences with the task.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97, 931-945.
- Critcher, C. R., & Gilovich, T. (2008). Incidental environmental anchors. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 21, 241-251.
Honors and Awards
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
Yale University Angier Prize
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.