Faculty and Executive Leadership Directory
Haas Business and Public Policy Group
Email: click on the envelope icon below for full email address
Academic Status: On duty
Office Hours: By appointment: Thursday 12:00pm - 1:30pm, F502
PhD, International Strategic Management, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
BA with honors, Political Science and German, University California, Berkeley, Georg-August Univesitaet, Goettingen, Germany
At Haas since 2016
2009 – present, Professor, Management Department, College of Business, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
2014 – 2015, Department Chair, Management Department, College of Business, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
Spring 2013, Visiting Professor, Georg-August Universitaet, Goettingen, Germany
Fall 2011, Visiting Professor, University of Nice, France
2005 – 2009, Associate Professor with tenure, Management Department, College of Business, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
Spring 2006, Visiting Professor, GISMA Business School, Hannover, Germany
2000 – 2005, Assistant Professor, Management Department, College of Business, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
External Service and Assignments
- Associate Editor, Journal of Management Inquiry
- Board of Directors, The Case Centre, USA
- Advisory Board, Center for Ethical and Sustainable Business, SFSU
Current Research and Interests
- Ethical leadership in organizations
- CEO-Board relations in Corporate Governance
- Strategic Management
- International Competition
Selected Papers and Publications
- Senor Sisig: Hungry for Growth in the Food Truck Industry (with Evan Kidera, Jeffrey P. Shay, and Armand Gilinsky), Case Research Journal, (under review).
- Succession at Berrett-Koehler Publishers: Institutionalizing the ‘BK Way” and Protecting BK Values for Future Success (with Murray Silverman) OIKOS International Case Collection, 2015.
- Unauthorized Disclosure: Hewlett-Packard’s Secret Surveillance of Directors and Journalists (with Anne Lawrence and Randall Harris) Case Research Journal, Volume: 28 Issue: 1 (Winter 2008).
- Western States Insurance: How Fast Can We Grow? (with Jeff Shay, Tony Crawford and Keith Jakob), Crafting and Executing Strategy, Thompson, Strickland & Gamble, 15th Edition. 2007.
- Brown Forman Wine Estates, (with Armand Gilinsky, Murray Silverman and Lew Brown) in Hill, Charles W.L. & Jones, Gareth R., Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach, 7th edition, Boston: Houghton-Mifflin, 2007.
- An Empirical Investigation of the Relationships between Modes and Degree of expatriate Adjustment and Multiple Measures of Performance (with Jeffrey Shay), International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management, 2006, vol 6, issue 3.
- Expatriate Assignment, Adjustment, and Effectiveness: An Empirical Examination of the Big Picture (with Jeffrey Shay). Journal of International Business Studies, May, 2004.
- Delicato Family Winery – Building and Communicating Value (with William C. Johnson, Armand Gilinsky, and Murray Silverman), Superior Value in the New Economy: Concepts and Cases, Johnson and Weinstein, 2nd Edition, 2004.
- Competition in the Global Wine Industry: A U.S. Perspective, an Industry Case Study (with Murray Silverman, Richard Castaldi, and Greg Sorlinnen), Crafting and Executing Strategy, Thompson and Strickland, 13th Edition. 2002.
MBA207: Ethics and Responsibility in Business
Honors and Awards
- Overall Professor of the Year, College of Business, SFSU (repeat recipient)
- Ascendant Scholar, Western Academy of Management
- Case Research Journal Tate Award, 2009, for ‘Unauthorized Disclosure: Hewlett-Packard’s Secret Surveillance of Directors and Journalists (with Anne Lawrence and Randall Harris)
Faculty Directory: Alphabetical Listing
Faculty Directory: Listing by Department
Maintained by Haas School Marketing and Communications Office.
Contact us with problems or updates to this page.
[Top of page]